Chatham County invites residents to join us for their 2nd annual Spring Ag Fest at the Chatham County Agriculture & Conference Center (CCACC) on Saturday, March 30, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Indoor and outdoor exhibitors and vendors will highlight local farms, farmers’ markets, sustainable agriculture, agricultural support and advocacy, agribusiness, beekeeping, livestock, forestry, green industry, wildlife, conservation, and much more. Visitors will get to meet Smokey Bear and chat with our local forest rangers.
In additionto whats happening indoors, in the Livestock Arena, outdoors you will find a plethora of demonstrations to behold.
- 10:20 a.m.: Flag Ceremony at the Livestock Arena
- 10:30 a.m.: North Carolina Horse Council Parade of Breeds
- 11 a.m.: Hunter Jumper & Roman Riding Demonstration: Willow Griffith, Brock Griffith Horsemanship
- 11:30 a.m.: 4-H Cattle Parade of Breeds & Costume Contest:Chatham County 4-H
- Noon: Break
- 12:30 p.m.: Cutting Horse Demonstration: Jerry King, King’s Training
- 1 p.m.: Working Dog Demonstration: Jerry King, King’s Training
- 1:30 p.m.: Barrel Racing Demonstration: Kaci Isley Rodeo entertainer
- Keith Isley will amuse the crowd in between events at the Livestock Arena!
Also, Livestock including cattle, horses, alpacas, sheep, goats, donkeys, poultry, rabbits, and more will be on display for an up-close look. Thanks to the generosity of the Chatham County Farm Bureau, kids can enjoy FREE pony ridesAND cow milking.
Several Food Trucks will offer tasty options for lunch. Thanks to the generosity of the Chatham County Farm Bureau, the first 800 visitors will receive a $5 food ticket to spend at the food trucks!
- World Kitchen
- Chewy’s Smokin’ BBQ
- Food by H&V
- San Felipe
- Cousins Maine Lobster
- Wired Cafe Coffee Bus
- Maple View Ice Cream
- Kona Ice Kabana
- Ms. P’s Hot Dogs
This event is made possible by the collaborative efforts of N.C. Cooperative Extension, Chatham County Center, Chatham County Agriculture & Conference Center, Chatham County Farm Bureau, Chatham County Soil & Water, Farm Service Agency, NRCS, and the NC Forest Service.
Lisa Skumpija can help with your Pittsboro, Chatham County and greater Raleigh, NC real estate. Living in Pittsboro, North Carolina and working onsite at the Chapel Ridge, Pittsboro, Fred Couples golf course community makes Lisa your local Chatham County real estate expert. Whether you are buying or selling a home in Chatham County, NC, Lisa Skumpija is a leading real estate agent and can make it a smooth process!