When we think of 4th of July, a lot of us think of fireworks, warm summer weather, grilling out, tasty sides, watermelon, apple pie, and ice cold beer. Personally, I am not a beer drinker but for all of us winos out there, Vino!! Wine Shop is looking out for us. Need some ideas of wines to pair with your barbecue meals? Vino!! Wine Shop has just the tasting for you!
Friday Wine Tasting
Head to Vino!! Wine Shop from 5-7pm this Friday, June 26th for a tasting with Greg Pfaender from Empire Distributors.
• NV Chronic Cellars ‘Spritz & Giggles’ Bubbly, North Coast, CA $16.99: Made by 2 brothers, this blend consists mainly of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Aromas of pears, cut apples, hints of fresh baked bread, light spices and floral notes. Different citrus flavors along with apples and pears on the palate. You should drink it for “spritz and giggles!”
• 2014 Clos Henri ‘Petit Clos’ Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand $18.99: 100% organically grown Sauvignon Blanc made by Sancerre producer Henri Bourgeois. A young, vibrant wine that comes from the estate’s younger vines. Chalky and flinty mineral notes are followed by citrus and pretty white flower aromas. Good balance, a very nice acid presence and a smooth finish. Tangy, round, soft, super fruity and easy to drink.
• 2011 Badiola Acquadoro Viognier, Tuscany, Italy Reg.27.99; SPECIAL $19.99: 100% Viognier from the coast of Tuscany, in Maremma. A harmonious merging of the historic aromatic qualities of the varietal and the added value of the terroir, which in Acquadoro translates into the fragrance of fresh flowers and Mediterranean herbs. Intense spicy nose, with balsamic and wildflower notes. Elegant and delicate, with a honeyed, rich body.
• 2013 Chronic Cellars Purple Paradise Blend, Paso Robles, CA $16.99: Made by 2 brothers, this blend of 70% Zinfandel, 14% Syrah, 11% Petite Sirah, and 5% Grenache has intense aromas of smoky vanilla, ripe cherries, white pepper, allspice, nutmeg and cinnamon on the nose. Super rich flavors of ripe, juicy cherries and strawberries, chocolate, mocha, leather and marzipan. Mild tannins and balanced acidity.
• 2011 Edmeades Vineyards Zinfandel, Mendocino Co., CA $16.99: 100% Zinfandel made in the traditional technique with natural wine making. Smooth and lush with aromas and flavors of blackberries and spice. Silky and showing bright acidity and a long, juicy finish, this is a nicely balanced wine.
• 2013 Chronic Cellars Sofa King Bueno Blend, Paso Robles, CA $22.99: A blend of 47% Petite Sirah, 45% Syrah, 5% Grenache, and 3% Mourvedre made by 2 brothers. Elegant and sophisticated, the nose is full of red berries and light violets. Followed up with mild tannins, a hint of tobacco, plums, and a lingering finish.
For The Beer Drinkers
Vino!! Wine Shop doesn’t just cater to the winos out there, check out the new craft beers they have in shop!
• Dogfish Head Grateful Dead ‘American Beauty’ IPA, 22 oz. $12.99
• Old Hickory Black Raven, 22 oz. $6.99
• Weyerbacher Tiny Belgian Style Imerial Stout, 4pk $12.99
• Red Brick Beard Envy Barley Wine 4pk $13.99
• Foothills Jade IPA, 22oz. $7.99
• Adnams Southwold Bitter 16.9oz $3.99
• Horny Goat Black Vanilla IPA 4pk $10.99
• Houblon Chouffe Dobbelen IPA 4pk $16.99
I hope you have a great 4th of July filled with friends, family, tasty food and drinks, beautiful fireworks and remember to drink responsibly!
Lisa Skumpija can help with your Pittsboro, Chatham County and greater Raleigh, NC real estate. Whether you are buying or selling a home in Chatham County, NC, Lisa Skumpija is a leading real estate agent and can make it a smooth process!