Where: To be held in both the Exposition Center and the Jim Graham Building at the NC State Fairgrounds- Raleigh NC
When: Fri, Mar 6, 2020 @ 10 AM – Sun, Mar 8, 2020, 6 PM
In case you have missed it, the Triangle area of Central NC is an incredibly diverse region. We are so lucky to be in a wonderfully well represented area. Festivals such as these give individuals as well as families a chance to learn about the cultures that surround us.
The International Festival of Raleigh is a chance to celebrate this diversity and learn about the cultures that are present here. This 30 year plus festival showcases over 60 ethnic communities ranging from Afghan to Vietnamese. Come prepared for food, dance, music, games, art, cultural exhibits, traditional performances and shopping vendors.
Here are some of the main points of the festival from the International Festival Website:
- Main Stage: traditional and modern ethnic dances, performed by artists in authentic dress
- Sidewalk Cafes: delicious food from around the globe.
- Cultural Exhibits created by local ethnic communities that tell about their rich histories and traditions.
- International Bazaar: shopping for global arts and crafts.
- Biergarten Stage: bands and musical performances from around the world.
- Sophia’s Corner: international games, face-painting, passport scavenger hunt, crafts, and other fun kids’ stuff.
- Demonstration Booths: interactive demos and classes on international cooking, dance and crafts.
- Naturalization Ceremony: new American citizens take their oath in a moving ceremony at the festival’s opening.
Lisa Skumpija can help with your Pittsboro, Chatham County and greater Raleigh, NC real estate. Living in Pittsboro, North Carolina and working onsite at the Chapel Ridge, Pittsboro, Fred Couples golf course community makes Lisa your local Chatham County real estate expert. Whether you are buying or selling a home in Chatham County, NC, Lisa Skumpija is a leading real estate agent and can make it a smooth process!