September 27th and September 28th
100+ Bluegrass bands invade downtown Raleigh for a foot stomping good time. This free street festival has 8 stages, a vendor area with artisans, food and more, a whole hog barbecue championship and more!
Featuring IBMA and Grammy Award winners, top-notch emerging acts, traditional bluegrass, and acts that stretch the boundaries across eight stages in downtown Raleigh, Wide Open Bluegrass is a true southern experience. Come for the music, the dancing (yes there is a dance tent) and more! The events facilitate the growth and development of the bluegrass music community, from professional to fan. Meaning this isn’t just a show- it’s a full conference with a festival at the end. There are workshops, showcases, an award show and the culmination in the festival.
New this year, all acts at Red Hat Amphitheater will have free general admission. There are a limited number of reserved seats that can be purchased in advance.
- A free street fest, with 8 stages of musicians across downtown Raleigh
- A dance tent
- Wide Open Creations, where you can shop the finest artisans, foods, and locally grown products
- The North Carolina Whole Hog Barbecue Championship
- Here is a sampling of the artists:Featuring:
- A Delebration with The Del McCoury Band and Travelin’ McCourys featuring special guests Sam Bush, Jerry Douglas, Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Jon Fishman, Sierra Hull, and others The Ringers featuring Jerry Douglas, Dan Tyminski, Ronnie McCoury, Christian Sedelmyer, and Todd Phillips I’m With Her – Sara Watkins, Sarah Jarosz, and Aoife O’Donovan Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver Molly Tuttle Balsam Range with the N.C. State Symphony Orchestra Sister Sadie Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen “You Gave Me a Song” celebrating Hazel Dickens & Alice Gerrard, featuring Alice Gerrard, Laurie Lewis, Allison de Groot & Tatiana Hargreaves, Cathy Fink & Marcy Marxer, Justin Hiltner, Jon Weisberger, and Eliza Meyer
You can find the free streetfest beginning at Noon in downtown Raleigh in the Fayetteville Street vicinity. World of Bluegrass takes place in the heart of downtown Raleigh and stretches from Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts all the way up to the State Capital grounds, as well as in and around the Raleigh Convention Center, which also has convenient parking and is accessible for people with disabilities.
The Red Hat Amphitheater event begins at 5pm
Lisa Skumpija can help with your Pittsboro, Chatham County and greater Raleigh, NC real estate. Living in Pittsboro, North Carolina and working onsite at the Chapel Ridge, Pittsboro, Fred Couples golf course community makes Lisa your local Chatham County real estate expert. Whether you are buying or selling a home in Chatham County, NC, Lisa Skumpija is a leading real estate agent and can make it a smooth process!