Every Friday, there is a free wine tasting from 5-7pm at Vino!! Wine Shop here in Pittsboro. This weeks tasting is with Paul DiMario of Epiphany Wine Company.
• 2014 The Ned Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand $12.99: 100% Sauvignon Blanc. Vibrant aromas of lemongrass and lime zest. Citrus fueled aromatics carry through to the palate with juicy mandarin and yellow grapefruit flavors while zippy, mouthwatering acids dominate the finish.
• 2013 Chateau de la Ragotiere Muscadet Sur Lies, Loire Valley, France $16.99: 100% Melon de Bourgogne, this is your oyster wine! Bottled directly off its lees (skins), which gives this wine extra character, fruit, and freshness. Dry and elegant.
• 2013 Ch. des Perligues Graves Bordeaux Blanc, Bordeaux, France $13.99: Classic blend of Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon, aged in oak. Delicate perfume of white flowers and racy citrus fruits. On the palate, hints of lemon and grapefruit with gentle floral and mineral notes. See the difference between this wine and The Ned!
• 2011 Nicolas Perrin Syrah/Viognier, Rhone, France $16.99: Musky, barnyard red lovers, this is your wine! 97% Syrah with 3% Viognier, intense aromas of red fruit and spices with great minerality.
• 2012 Rotie Cellars ‘VDP’ Red Blend, Walla Walla, Washington $24.99: Limited production, entry level wine by Rotie (known for expensive French blends) – all we have is all you can get until the next vintage! 1/3 each Grenache, Syrah, and Mourvedre. Juicy blackberry, red raspberry, and plum with hints of smoked meat, balanced nicely with white pepper and finely integrated tannins.
• 2012 Kuleto ‘Frog Prince’ Napa Valley Red, Napa, California $23.99: A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Syrah and Malbec. This wine is thick and flavorful with aromas of sweet dried herbs, red fruit, and soft tannins.
Vino!! Wine Shop
With a great location in historic downtown Pittsboro, this quaint shop has a lot to offer. Stop by during the store hours to see the selection of craft beers, wines, cigars, wine tools, and hand made jewelry.
Tuesday: 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Wednesday: 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Thursday: 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Friday: 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Saturday: 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
CLOSED SUNDAY except first Sunday of every month (except Jan. & Feb.): 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Lisa Skumpija can help with your Pittsboro, Chatham County and greater Raleigh, NC real estate. Whether you are buying or selling a home in Chatham County, NC, Lisa Skumpija is a leading real estate agent and can make it a smooth process!